Cactus V6 IIs Wireless HSS Flash Transceiver (for Sony)
The Cactus V6 IIs is a wireless flash trigger dedicated for Sony camera and flash that supports HSS and can remote control power output and zoom angle of Sony system flashes. It can also triggers the Cactus V6 II, which makes the V6 IIs the World’s First Sony-supported wireless flash trigger that supports cross-brand high-speed sync (HSS) and control power output and zoom angle of Canon, Fujifilm, Nikon, Olympus, Panasonic and Pentax system flashes all at the same time.*
Equipped with two (2) high-speed sync modes (Normal HSS and Power Sync), AF-assist, auto-detect camera and flash system, Multi-master, and remote control abilities of power and zoom, Cactus V6 IIs packs all that you need for your Sony system in a compact body with simplistic controls.
NOTE: This listing is for ONE (1) Cactus V6 IIs ONLY. You need a minimum of two (2) V6 IIs units: one V6 IIs as a Transmitter and a second V6 IIs as a Receiver to trigger and remote power and zoom control of one (1) portable flash unless you have a Cactus RF60 series flash which has a built-in transceiver.
* With the exception of Sony system flashes due to special timing requirements so it must be paired with a Sony camera in order to support HSS.
Cactus Wireless Flash Transceiver V6 IIs Major features:
- Cross-brand wireless manual power and zoom control with HSS support of Canon, Fujifilm, Nikon, Olympus, Panasonic and Pentax flashes with the Cactus V6 II
- Specifically designed for Sony camera and flashes with the Multi-Interface (MI) shoe
Two cross-brand high-speed sync modes:
- Normal HSS supports shutter speeds up to 1/8000s
- Power Sync boosts flash contribution above camera’s x-sync speed
- Multi-master supports up to 20 photo¬graphers firing the same set of flashes at their own power settings
- AF-assist light assists focusing in low light environment1
- Flash profile customization ensures accurate power output
- Work seamlessly with the Cactus RF60 Wireless Flash series to support HSS and Power Sync
- Other useful features inherited from the V6 including:
- Lo Power
- Absolute Power
- TTL Pass-through
- Group Sequence
- Sport Shutter
- Remote Shutter
- Relay Mode
- Delay Mode
- Firmware Update support
Compatible flash models
Sony ADI / P-TTL HS models:
- Metz 44AF-14, 64AF-1;
- Nissin i40, i60*;
- Sony F43M, F58AM4, F60M
* tested with Auto flash profile
Notes on compatibility:
- Cactus V6 IIs is not compatible with Cactus V6 on the current firmware. After updating to new firmware (version pending) on the V6, V6 II will be backward-compatible within camera’s x-sync speed;
- Cactus V6 (RX) does not support Normal HSS when triggered by the V6 IIs;
- Cactus V6 (RX) supports Power Sync by updating to new firmware (version pending) when triggered by the V6 IIs;
- Cactus RF60 (RX) supports Normal HSS and Power Sync by updating to new firmware (version 200 and onwards) when triggered by the V6 IIs;
- Cactus V6 IIs does not work with any other flash trigger model including Cactus V4, V2s or V2;
- Cactus V6 IIs does not transmit TTL information wirelessly;
- Cactus V6 IIs is not compatible with flashes or strobes with reversed polarity connectors;
- Cactus V6 IIs is compatible with practically all Sony cameras that come with either (1) a Sony Multi-interface Shoe, (2) a Minolta / Sony iISO hot shoe via an adapter, or (3) a female sync port connection (supports only basic flash triggering;
- Cactus V6 IIs is compatible with the Wireless Flash Transceiver V5 and Laser Trigger LV5 for basic flash triggering and shutter release.
1 AF-assist works when the camera sends out a corresponding signal.
2 Requires a hot shoe adapter such as Sony ADP-MAA.
Cactus V6 II -...In this video, we demonstrate the functions of Cactus V6 II, t...