Cactus V4 Wireless Flash Trigger Set
With the Cactus Wireless Flash Trigger System V4, you can place multiple flashes at various angles and distances from your subject. When shutter is released, the receiver picks up on the signal emitted from the transmitter on your camera which will trigger the external flash connected to the receiver. The innovative standing design allows all the common portable flash units to sit securely on it without a separate light stand.
The transmitter weighed at only 33g and receiver 60g, Cactus V4 is possibly the most versatile flash trigger set you need.
Cactus Wireless Flash Trigger Set V4
Notes on compatibility:
- Cactus V4 does not work with V2s or V2.
- Cactus V4 does not transmit TTL information.
- Some dedicated flashes (e.g. Nissin Di-622 and Di-466, Sunpak PZ42x and PZ30, Sigma EF-530/500 DG ST for Canon, etc.) are triggered via system-specific pins instead of the central contact of the hot shoe. Cactus V4 does not work with these flash models. To check whether your dedicated flash units are compatible with Cactus V4, try attaching them to a camera of other brand (e.g. attaching a Nikon TTL flash to a Canon DSLR camera). If the flash can be triggered, it will work with Cactus V4.
- Tested with the following flash models:
- Cactus AF50, AF45, KF36
- Canon SpeedLite 580EX II, 580EX, 550EX, 540EZ, 520EZ, 430EX II, 430EX, 430EZ, 420EX, 420EZ, 380EX, 200E
- Metz 58AF, 48AF
- Nikon SpeedLite SB-900, SB-800, SB-700, SB-600, SB-28, SB-27, SB-26, SB-25, SB-24
- Nissin Di866 MK II, Di622 MK II, Di466, Di866 MK I
- Olympus FL-50R, FL-50, FL-36R, FL-36
- Pentax AF-540 FGZ, AF-360 FGZ, AF-400 FT, AF-240 FT
- Sigma EF-530 DG Super, EF-530 DG ST (for Nikon only), EF-500 DG Super, EF-500 DG ST (for Nikon only), EF-430
- Sunpak Auto 2000DZ, 622 Pro, 433AF, 433D, 383, 355AF, 344D, 333D
- Vivitar 285HV, 285, 283, DF-400MZ, DF-340MZ
- Godox TT560, TT520, CF-18
- Some buyers reported to us that they experienced banding issue with Canon 5D and/or Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 when using Cactus V4. Similar issue was NOT found in Canon 5D Mark II and other DSLR camera models. (Update 29/6/2010 – This issue has now been fully resolved. All Cactus V4 sent after 21 June 2010 should no longer cause banding issues with Canon EOS 5D or Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1).
- Cactus Wireless Flash Trigger Set V4
- Package contents:
- V4 Transmitter x 1
- V4 Receiver x 1
- English User Manual
- "When Light Dances” Album
- 3.5mm Plug Cable (CA-350)
- 6.35mm Plug Cable (CA-635)
- PC Sync Cable (CA-100)
- Technical Data:
- Working radio frequency: 433Mz
- 16 channels selectable
- Responding time: 1/500 - 1/1000 second
- Support sync speed: up to 1/500 second (depending on sync speed limitation of the flash unit)
- Maximum effective area: 30 meters / 98 feet (open area without interference)
- Operating temperature: above -10°C (14°F) and below 45°C (113°F)
- Camera voltage handling: up to 6 volts
- Compatible to all cameras with standard ISO hot shoe or PC sync output
- Connection port: 3.5 mm (1/8") mono mini-phone
- Dimensions: 60 x 46 x 27 mm
- Length of antenna: 45 mm
- Weight (including battery): 33 grams
- Power input: one (1) L1028 / 23A 12V battery
- Innovative standing design: supports major portable flash units
- Flash voltage handling: up to 300 volts
- Compatible to portable flashes and studio strobes
- Connection port: 3.5 mm (1/8”) mono mini-phone
- Dimensions: 74 x 45 x 28 mm
- Weight (including battery): 55 grams
- Power input: two (2) AAA size 1.5V (IEC: R03) batteries
- One Year Manufacturer Warranty
Cactus v4 Wire...Here is a look at the Cactus wireless flash trigger system. A ...
Gadget Infinit...Just a quick review of my new set of remote triggers for off c...